Why 2015 has been such a great year for the Lampshade Loft!
By Jane Warren, Dec 17 2015 11:33AM
I just wanted to say a big thank you to all my customers from 2015, it has been a pleasure! When I say customers, I don't just mean those of you who have kindly bought a shade from the webshop here at The Lampshade Loft but also to:
* those who have come along to learn lampshade making - I have now unleashed over 200 people who have learnt the art of shade making - from modern drums to classic traditional hand sewn styles - its great that there are so many more shade makers out there!
* the collaborators, namely the new design talent of Robyn Gates, a first-class honours degree textile student who needed someone to make shades to literally light up her wonderful creations, to the inimitable Zeena Shah - textile designer and screen printer extraordinaire who is so generous with her time, her information and you must not miss her fantastic book!
* the style setters - orders from such great places - Radio One offices, film production companies, the fantastic bar Cahoots in Soho to name a few
* the trade - from show homes to window displays, thank you for your commissions
* the fabulous and supportive friend Ingrid who runs Beloved Fabrics and - for her sins, and due to her many talents - built this lovely web shop for me and who has made it such a wonderful success for 2015.
For 2016, there are plans to have more drum shades available in the shop, more hand sewn items and also we have been collecting a great array of vintage shade carriers and other vintage shades - all will be in the shop for sale - thank you Jane
Other Lovely Blogs and Websites: