Make a lovely Liberty fabric lampshade garland!
By Jane Warren, Oct 5 2018 01:47PM
Everywhere you look there are fairy lights - cafe's, shops, at home in bedrooms and in the kitchen and it's really fun to make your own - for your own home or as presents for your friends and family.
And what better fabric to use than the wonderful Liberty prints? they are beautifully decorative and they give fairy lights a bit of class. Add a trim and your mini lampshades will zing out into the room! Here is how:
* buy some paper cups from Amazon or your local shops, I find paper the best - I have tried them all!
* use thin scissors to make a very small hole in the base
* make a template in paper by laying a cup on its side, and drawing around it, rolling it as you go - draw around it with pencil
* use this template by putting it on top of a small piece of Liberty fabric and draw around it, cut this out
* use some glue and spread it onto the cup and quickly - before it dries, attach your fabric. Trim any extra (it stretches as you smooth it)
* find some trimmings - bobbles or gimp is good - and attach using either glue or double sided tape. It's good to add it top and base edges of the cups to hide the raw edges
* put a bulb from the string of lights through the small hole in the base of the cup, add batteries and switch on
* TA DAH!
Other Lovely Blogs and Websites: